From Heit Lab Wiki
- Add 20 g of LB agar to a 1 L flash.
- Fill flask to the 500 mL line with dH2O.
- Autoclave the flask. Note: have a water bath set to 50°C.
- When the flask comes back from autoclaving, put it in the water bath to let it slowly cool down.
- Add 500 μL of antibiotic to the flask and swirl.
- Light the bunsen burner, and add the LB agar to petri dishes. Add just enough of the mixture to cover the bottom of each petri dish.
- Let the plates cool down.
- For plates with ampicillin, add a blue line to the side of the plates, and for plates with kanamycin, add two black lines.
- Put plates back in the plastic bag and put them in the fridge.